Monday, May 18, 2009

Update...

Okay, so I thought I'd let everyone know why I haven't posted in a few days.... Two reasons: the first, I somehow managed to tweak my neck really bad - to where I cannot hold my head straight. It's happened a couple times to me in the past and usually lasts about 3 days. I went to bed feeling fine and woke up in agony midway through the night. My new employer sent me home today because I was hurting so badly. As my insurance won't start for another 75 days, I'm not going to a chiropractor yet. Welcome to a mix of advil, tylenol, and ultra tiger balm...

The second reason: it's getting harder for me to get motivated. It's something I really want, so I know I really have no excuse. It's just not the same working out alone, but that's not a reason to slack off like I've been doing. My family has a saying - "If you are unhappy with something, don't keep doing the same thing and expect to get different results; change it!" I guess I have my answer... Now, it's just a waiting game with my neck.

Thank you, Jeremy and Christina, for your continued support. It means more than you could ever know.

3 comments:

  1. David...you are at the point in P90X where everyone gets a little down on themselves and de-motivated....so...Look where you've come from and the fact that Phase3 is right around the corner. And think...you are in the best shape of your life! I can tell you with an injury, you sure aren't going to feel motivated, but with that you can defeat these feelings as this is a time to use that authority that you have and take control back! Your new life isn't something temporary, but this injury is. Take some time, rest, heal and then BRING IT again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's really nothing more I can add to what Jeremy already wrote... You guys are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's terrible. I went snowboarding a couple of months ago and tried to do Ab Ripper X with a fractured tailbone. Ow, big mistake.

    I would recommend waiting until you are fully healed before you start doing any of the strenuous stuff. It's all about results, not about getting hurt. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete