Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Day 16 - Plyometrics

We sweated buckets today! Plyo has got to be the toughest of these workouts. My legs (especially my quads) were still tight from last week. Guess I should have done the Stretch a few days ago... We made it through it though!

This has to be one of the greatest things to have happened in our newly married life. What a wonderful gift we can give to ourselves and our future children! I look forward to the day when I can be like Tony - keeping up with a 15 year old when I'm nearly 50...

I took Jeremy's suggestion from quite a few weeks ago... I made some low-fat, grilled chicken fajitas (with grilled bell peppers and onions) on a low-carb whole wheat tortilla for dinner last night. Wow! What a welcome change from what we had been eating. (We follow the portion approach of the nutrition plan.)

Pushing through week 3 like never before... Bring on Shoulders & Arms!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you guys liked the fajitas...Grilling is the only way to go. There is sooooo much you can do with the grill and with the right spices can really liven up a meal.

    Great job on pushing through Plyo...hope Nikki is feeling better. I'm sure Plyo was just the thing to sweat out the rest of the crud. Its really cool that this is something you guys are doing early in your marriage....what a great bonding time, plus it gives you something to lovingly hold each other accountable for. I wish Christina and I had of done this 16 years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have got the best attitude David! It really is a wonderful gift to give to yourselves and to the rest of you family that will come along eventually. Like Jeremy, I wish we had done this years ago but we're doing it now and it really has been another bond between us that has strengthened our marriage. Strange how sweating buckets together is making us closer!

    You need to get Nikki on here so I can say hello in person! Well, virtually in person...??? You know what I mean!!

    ReplyDelete