Friday, March 13, 2009

Day 4 - Yoga X

We didn't know what to expect with Yoga X..., but we loved it! There were only a couple of moves we couldn't do (Crane and the one move where Tony put his feet over his head). I can't wait until that one comes around again in our schedule. I cannot believe the amount of sweat that poured off of me, but the stretching felt SO good.

As a side story, I don't have a very low voice. I don't have a high voice either, but I digress... I guess I was in such a zen state of mind near the end, my voice dropped two octaves during the first "ohm" chant. Nikki laughed and said I was channelling Johnny Cash. It broke my concentration, but we had a good laugh.

Thanks to Jeremy for the support and great tips about the nutrition plan. The coffee rub was outstanding! We're going to get some banana chips tomorrow. Nikki is ready for the cravings to stop. That said, I'm really proud of her. I know it's a lot harder for her to eat right because she's NEVER had to watch what she eats. She said she now understands more about my long-time struggles with food.

Tomorrow brings another weight training day - Legs & Back, AR X. I hope my quads are feeling more lively than they are today. (They're still tired from Plyo, two days ago.) As Tony says, "Man-o-manishevitz!" Can't wait to push through tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Great job pushing through YogaX!

    Thats great about Johnny...funny. Had to read that one to Christina!

    That coffee rub is great isn't it...I've even used it on grilled salmon. (thanks Bobby Flay!!!)

    It sounds like your attitude is dialed in correctly...that, I think, is the biggest challenge....great job!

    ReplyDelete