Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Getting ready to start: the good, the bad, and the ugly

A bit about myself...

The good: I am a newlywed. I was lucky enough to marry the most wonderful woman (and my best friend) this past Valentines Day. I had seen the commercials for P90X and decided to do a little more research on the program from real people who had used it. I cannot thank Jeremy enough! After reading his blog daily, for about 3 weeks, I was sold. I ordered the program the day after our wedding and proceeded to get psyched!

The bad: on the next day (our second day being married), we both came down with one of the nastiest stomach viruses we've ever had. Not one, but two, trips to the ER (without health insurance) drained our savings and wedding gift cash. It took us over a week before we were eating regular foods again and regaining some of our strength.

The ugly: with both of us feeling better, we decided to start the program this week. After a welcome surprise job interview with a new company (offering health insurance), we decided to put off starting until next week. I know it will be easier to start next week, but I was bummed at the prospect of another week waiting. I guess it gives me another week to plan though!

I have the most to prove with the program. I have to admit, I am yet another 30 year old guy who has made too many excuses when it comes to my fitness. My beautiful wife seems perfect in my eyes. She is a four years younger than I am, so her metabolism hasn't reached the crawl mine has, but she has agreed to do 90 days with me. I'm so grateful she's agreed to help me with this journey! I'm committed to 90 days, but I'm really hoping to turn this into a new lifestyle for us. We want to start trying for kids soon, and I don't want to be one of those dads who can't keep up!

No comments:

Post a Comment