Saturday, April 4, 2009

Day 26 - Core Synergistics

X-City!!! Both times I've done Core, I've been exhausted... EVERYWHERE. (I love it!)

The good news, I took the laptop and worked out in the basement at the in-laws. The bad news, I was on my own for the second day in a row. I haven't been able to motivate Nikki to join me the past couple of days. (I think she feels guilty when she hears the words COOL DOWN), but I'm not going to force her to do something she doesn't want to do. Perhaps it's because she hates Core and thinks stretching should always been optional. :) I really hope she decides to start back again soon. I miss her tremendously!

At least she's still following the nutrition plan with me... We brought our protein shakes and bars with us and went to the store when we got here last night for the essentials: skim milk, fresh broccoli, chicken breasts, a couple ripe pears... No way am I going to go back to my bad eating habits, even for a day. I've worked WAY too hard for the results I've seen.

Other (somewhat bad) news: neither one of us slept well last night. Too many strange noises. (The sump pump kept kicking on every 10 minutes). Hope we sleep better tonight.

Planning on getting outside to enjoy the beautiful weather today. Ready for Yoga tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Great job for pushing through, and great job on the nutrition! Its always hard when traveling to stick to it. Are you sure those noises weren't the MO Hillbillies rustling around outside? HAHA!! Keep it up David!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's tough when you're away from home to keep the momentum going. Congrats to you for pushing play! So happy to hear you aren't pushing Nikki... only loving encouragement. We appreciate you guys and we're rooting for you!!

    ReplyDelete