Thursday, April 16, 2009

Day 38 - Back & Biceps, AR X

Kind of in a weird mood tonight...

We put in an application for one of the duplexes we liked. Just waiting for now...

It's stressful for me to move away from my family, and I have to convince myself we're not really too far away (3 hours) and Nikki's family will be only 30 minutes away. Family has really taken on a new importance for me since I turned 30 last year. I'm the youngest of 5 kids, 9 years the junior of my next oldest sibling. The oldest sibling is over 50 years old already, and it's affecting my own sense of mortality and how much longer I might have with them. I just want to make the most of my life - for myself, and more importantly, for others... Jeremy and Christina, you have no idea how much your words have spoken to my heart.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot David...You guys are blessed to have family so close this early in your marriage, but then again, a small buffer zone is always nice while your starting out as well. It will strengthen you. Christina and I went from wedding to 10 hours away from everyone right after the honeymoon. Boy was that a test. But we came through it and it makes the times with family all the more special. The most important thing is to find a strong church family...it sure grows eternal life long bonds. I always say..."There is family we're born into and family we're born again into." Sounds like you guys are rolling day to day in God's blessings...how awesome is that?

    ReplyDelete