Monday, April 13, 2009

Day 35 - Rest X

I can't believe we've been at it for 5 weeks!

Well, we decided our bodies needed a rest, so it looks like we'll be doing CST at the in-laws... unless I decide to get up early again before we leave. Considering tomorrow isn't plyo, I just might do that.

It's like a late autumn day here - cold, windy, and raining. Because of that (and I already had some red peppers roasted for tonight's chicken marinade), I decided to make a tomato and roasted red pepper soup. Very yummy and only 1 teaspoon of EVOO in the entire pot! I find myself searching for new ways to keep food interesting for Nikki - even if it means adapting some of our old standby recipes to our new lifestyle.

I should mention that yesterday we went out to dinner for Easter/my sister's birthdy with some of my family. They decided where we went, which was a buffet-style, chain restaurant. Not the easiest options for us, but we went along. It's amazing how your taste buds change in such a short amount of time. Neither one of us ate anything we weren't supposed to, but yuck! We couldn't even eat the grilled chicken because it was sitting in so much oil... it might as well have been fried! I choked down some raw spinach that tasted like it was soaked in salt water. Some of my family seemed offended that we weren't eating very much so I preempted them by saying, "I'm sorry if I'm offending anyone, but we've worked too hard over the last month to change our health." They started asking about what we were doing, and after listening to us, they seemed to relax a little more and even commented about how we looked healthier now. Two months ago, I would have filled my plate two or three times and taken a nap when I got home. There's no way I'm going back to that! Nikki even said she's realized this (MY healthy lifestyle) is going to be a part of who I am now.

I can't wait for tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. That is what its all about! And to get people to understand is key. If not...so be it. You are doing exactly what you need to do for yourself....GREAT WORK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're showing true dedication to changing your life!!! That, my friend, is first and foremost the reason you're going to be successful! Keep it up buddy... I know you will :)

    ReplyDelete