Monday, April 20, 2009

Day 42 - Rest X (Moving Logistics X)

What I wouldn't give to go through another round of Kenpo today... Long story, short: we are signing a lease on the duplex we wanted tomorrow night after Nikki gets off work. As of this morning, the stress has BEGUN!!! Four separate utility companies??? You've GOT to be kidding me...

Sorry to vent, but here goes... On top of everything else, I hate being unemployed and everyone I've been in contact with today is making me feel horrible! This is the longest I've been without a job since before I started college! Like it's my choice I don't have a job??? I've only sent over 200 applications/resumes in the last month and interviewed 3 times for positions I ultimately didn't get. I can't MAKE someone hire me, but I HATE, HATE, HATE being unemployed. The worst part is how snide most people have been to me today when I was trying to get everything set up for the move. How often is it that two people relocate from different states and BOTH have jobs when they get there? I'm guessing it happens, but not usually. And when it's the man who has a job, but the wife doesn't yet, it's okay. He'll provide for her. But if the guy relocates for his wife so she can be closer to her family and doesn't have a job when they get there, they act like I'm some deadbeat who doesn't want to take care of my family. I really resent that! They have no idea that I worked my way (full-time) through college for a bachelor's degree, that I've worked for the Secretary of State for a year and a half, that I've handled on a daily average $3-4 million for a major health insurance company without missing even a cents worth - every penny accounted for... They just think I'm some lazy guy, relying on his wife to provide for them. I know I should be more patient with those who don't know me, but it really bothers me for someone to think I'm lazy or not wanting to pull my own weight. I got so frustrated, I even posted a "help wanted advertisement" on my facebook status. I really need to find something soon! Please keep us in your prayers.

I guess I will be moving some of our things Wednesday into the new place while Nikki is at work. My family is going to bring out a 16 foot trailer with the rest of it this weekend. I can't wait to see them.

I'm going to make another Italian turkey meatloaf for dinner tonight. It's one of our favorite "healthy comfort food" meals, and Nikki's family says they'll eat it.

I'm so ready for CST tomorrow! I'm going to do push ups until I can't get off the floor...

2 comments:

  1. Man David...I wish I could be lazy and live off my wife. :-)...I'm kidding!!! Some people don't get it brother...just don't let them get you down. You guys are just getting started and you'll look back on this time and just smile. God will take care of you....have faith in that. Right now, thank God that Nikki is starting her job and rejoice in that. It'll all work out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry that you're feeling down David. I remember several times Jeremy and I felt the same way about a situation we were in. It's like the world was created just to trip us up!! When I read about how you didn't have a job yet, my first thought was... "That's really a good thing because one of you is able to move and handle all the details without having to stress over starting a new job!" You still will have money coming in from a job we all prayed Nikki would get... and that's awesome. Not sure if this made any sense but just know someone will hire you soon... no one can pass up such a great guy!!

    ReplyDelete