Sunday, April 5, 2009

Day 27 - Yoga X

Before I started P90X, I had never done Yoga. Now, I look forward to it every week - or twice a week during recovery week!

It's a time when I really try to focus on the moment at hand and filling my lungs with deep breaths. ...and the serenity slowly sweeps over my body and spirit until I'm in such a state of relaxation at the end. Well, that's my typical response so far. Doing it at Nikki's parents' house is a different experience.

I should start by saying that one of Nikki's sisters (and her two girls, ages 5 months and 2 years) lives with her parents. I love them dearly. But being small children, they can be rather noisy. It's never bothered me before... until I tried to focus on yoga today. I kept falling out of poses, couldn't clear my mind... I even thought about stopping and switching today's workout with tomorrow, as we'll be back home then. In the end, I sucked it up and pushed through it. I feel like I got a good workout today, but I don't feel the same clarity of mind and spirit I usually do after yoga. Long story short, I can understand why Yoga X may not be so appealing to those who also have other distractions. My wife, who was back with me today (yay!), told me I better get used to distractions when we have children. :)

Not too much else to report here. I haven't seen the scale move much lately, but I can't seem to keep my pants up without a belt! Trying to hold off on buying too many new clothes until I see a little more results.

A big, very grateful thank you to Jeremy and Christina for your daily encouragement and support! It seems like you guys are always there, with the right example and knowing what to say. Words cannot begin to express the gratitude we have for the two of you.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you like Yoga so much! I'm not a fan but I know how good it is for you. I think the 3 distractions we have in this house may contribute to my serenity issues!! That's awesome that Nikki joined you!!!

    As always, thank you so much for the sweet words. Right now there is probably a couple our there contemplating P90X and they're reading your blog... you'll also be a great example for them and they'll want to jump on board! Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This time my word of encouragement is to listen to Nikki...she's right. Those distractions are real and glad she's thinking ahead. Sorry man, but its true. Our 3 boys made focusing a real challenge.

    Not to make this lengthy...but...

    The book of Proverbs has it best....as Solomon talks about wisdom he makes an interesting comparison:
    Proverbs 3:15 - She [is] more precious than rubies, And all things you may desire cannot compare with her.

    And then the same comparison is only made one more time...
    Proverbs 31:10 - Who can find a virtuous wife? For her worth [is] far above rubies.

    When we seek wisdom...we should look no further than to our wife!

    God bless you David! And great job sticking it out at the in-laws! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete