Saturday, April 11, 2009

Day 33 - Legs & Back, AR X

My quads were still a little stiff this morning. Guess that's what happens when you do plyo twice in the same day... :)

When we started P90X, I promised Nikki I wouldn't take any supplements like creatine, andro, or testosterone. I won't break my promise to her. Her main concern is that she doesn't want my temperament to change. I curently take vitamins, recovery drink, protein shakes, and protein bars. Until this week, it's felt like it's been plenty - until I did plyo twice. Since then, I've been pushing hard, but it seems like I'm more tired than usual. I'm still eating well. (A couple of days, I even had an extra protein bar.) I get 7-8 hours of sleep a night. I drink 8-10 glasses of water each day... Maybe it's just because I did plyo twice and my body needs more time to rest, but is there anything else I can be doing to help my body recover more quickly that would still meet my promise to Nikki? Any thoughts would be very appreciated!

Nutrition is going really well. I had another grilled salmon salad yesterday that was fantastic! Nice dark salad greens, grilled asparagus, roasted red pepper strips, and a beautifully cooked (not dry) fillet of salmon, with a light balsamic vinaigrette... I think we might make another meatloaf tonight. It was so yummy last time.

Ready for Kenpo tomorrow! Bring it!

1 comment:

  1. To keep the promise, add a carb into your diet. You're starting to "bonk" and with that, your body can handle another carb....Day 33 is about the time that happened to me as well. Look for some low carb tortillas and make a wrap for lunch, or just figure out another carb in the nutrition guide and add it in. It'll be hard to add at first as you'll feel like you are cheating, but your body will react to it in a positive way.

    On a side note, with the amount of water you're drinking, drinking a recovery drink with Creatine in it will be fine for you, its a great, natural ingredient that will aide in rebuilding your muscles.

    Great job...you guys are awesome!

    ReplyDelete