Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Day 30 - Plyometrics (Twice!)

I got up extra early for Plyo today, and quickly realized I do NOT like missing Plyo during the core week. It's a love/hate relation with Plyo, and being away from it for a week seemed to make it harder to keep up today. I pushed through it though!

Quite a bit sore (more tired) in my chest and triceps; it's becoming a welcome feeling.

We made the Italian meatloaf from the nutrition guide (found in the phase 2 section of recipes, page 75). Wow! It's really good, but (as a preface) it's not beef. If you're expecting it to be like your mother's meatloaf, it won't - unless your mom uses turkey in her meatloaf. Nikki and I couldn't get enough of it though! It was so flavorful! If you eat ground turkey at all, I highly recommend it. We're always looking for something new to eat that fits with our new lifestyle, and this is going to be a regular addition. The only thing we did differently is used whole wheat bread crumbs instead of sourdough.

Tomorrow will be a late day for working out, but looking forward to it!

Update!!! Nikki's interview went so well that they already called her for a second interview next Tuesday! I'm so proud of her! Keep your fingers crossed... Oh, by the way, I did Plyo twice today. Nikki didn't want to get up with me early this morning, so I did it again with her tonight. Probably going to pay for it later...

2 comments:

  1. Make sure you get plenty of regeneration....that P90X Recovery Drink is your friend now. Wow...man you burned like 2000 calories doing that. Time to eat double! Crazy!

    Nikki...congratulations, you guys are both in our prayers that God blesses you both. As He is our provider, we can stand on His promise to do just that...Provide!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plyo... TWICE??? You ARE a devoted husband! That is so awesome that you did it again to support Nikki. Warms my heart.

    The meatloaf sounds yummy... gonna have to try that.

    A second interview is always good! Is she gonna need another new suit? You bet!!

    ReplyDelete